Friday 28 February 2014

Wake me up - Part 1

Entwined amongst the fulfilling moments of our lives, are the sly vines of fatigue and dreariness. Be it school or work, from time to time I will have a somewhat startling moment where I catch myself in the mirror and think ‘Oh my lord, she needs to sleep.’ Settle down self, she’s been working hard! But lately, I’ve discovered a rather delightful optical illusion that helps the girl in the mirror look just that tad bit more lively – enough to trick my mind and body into waking up. Perky lashes.



Apart from those of you who are genetically blessed with perfect doll-like lashes, an eyelash curler and a good long lasting mascara is the perfect way to open up your eyes when exhaustion is trying to drag you to the Land of Nod. And yes, my little trick is easy enough to do whilst sitting on a crowded train to school or work:
Step 1. Curl your lashes as close to the base as possible to lift every strand
Step 2. Brush through with a long lasting mascara...

…preferably one that has stiff bristles on its brush to separate the lashes well e.g. every Covergirl LashBlast mascara. Just remember that if your overload your eye lashes with too much product they will simply droop back down again.

I’ve been rather infatuated with the COVERGIRL LashBlast mascaras for quite some time now and I find that their new ‘24 Hour’ mascara has the most impressive volume and long lasting qualities in the entire LashBlast range (use the Clump Crusher version if your lashes are already thick enough). For someone with thin Asian eyelashes that grow very straight, I feel nothing but lively satisfaction when they are still ever so perky after very long and very rainy day.


Though I am not one to wear my makeup for 24 hours at a time (Note: please don’t harass your skin to that extent!), this mascara’s shift started at 8am and it is now almost 10pm. Yes it’s been a long day but you have to admit, that curl is pretty impressive.



So they say your eyes are the windows to your soul… Then surely adorning your sleepy soul with a charming frame should help with feeling a little more lively. That, and a smile always works for me!

Love,
Julie T.


No comments:

Post a Comment