Sunday 21 July 2013

Dearest Reader,

How are you? Good or bad? Comme ci, comme ça? I do hope this post finds you well!
However in the world bloggers and blog readers... I always seem to find that this blogging experience is more enjoyable when those on either side of this screen are able to interact on a more personal level. I'm afraid, I'm not quite ready to share your toothbrush (perhaps I shall never be, not to mention that is awfully unhygienic) but I would love to, instead, share my day to day experiences with you.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words and I couldn't agree more. Call me slow, but I have been recently blessed by the wonderful world of Instagram! So I've decided to write you a little letter at the end of each week based on my Instagram adventures. Shall we begin?

Yes. My week began with a bubble bath. I do believe that becoming extra lazy to make up for the torment of Semester 1, has caused my days to merge into one very long day dream. So why not embrace the situation and fix yourself up with a lovely bubble bath. How peachy! (Pun intended...)

Strolling down the balconies of The Strand Arcade, I always feel so very much like Miss Holly Golightly. There is something so magical about this elegantly opulent building and it's beautiful little shops. Each and every time I go on a little shopping expedition to the city, I can't help bit pay a visit to this little piece heaven. 

When we seek a getaway, most of us will think of Hawaiian beaches and little umbrellas shading the contents of a crystal cocktail glasses... As lovely as that sounds, I prefer to find beauty in the places close to home or in this case in my second home! That is, Pitt St. 

And why not make a toast to a brilliant day of fine (and hopefully well considered!) purchases? On this particular day, I decided to visit the new T2B tea bar in Westfield Sydney. Forget Starbucks or juice bars, and pick up a fruity slush tea with popping apple juice bubbles... Beverage innovation at its finest!

You know what else makes shopping so thrilling? Trying on ridiculously extravagant pieces. I've never been one to prance about in neon yellow, but come on... After the mannequin in the window waved me in with this flamboyant maxi, I couldn't help but skip into the store and have a go! As the shop assistant happily handed me a gold buckled statement belt (cause bother with subtleties now?), she couldn't help but laugh. I was the sixth customer that day who had been lured in by the same mannequin in the window!

Now here's one for those sweet toothed readers and indulgent souls... Let us bask in the beauty of the Ladurée window. Need I say more? (Oh except, please try not to salivate on your keyboards!)

Hope you enjoyed my very first 'Dearest Reader' post! And for those of you who are wondering you can find my little abode in the world of Instagram by clicking right here!

Love,
Julie T.

1 comment: