Sunday 28 July 2013

Dearest Reader,

In an exhilarating whirlwind of delightful reunions, retail therapy, ridiculous sleeping patterns, and plenty of good food... For many of us, our beloved midyear hiatus has come to an end. Of course, it is of great importance that the final week of any sort of break must be filled with as much merriment as one can contain in 168 hours. Yes, every hour counts, doesn't it? As for me, I must say... This has certainly been an exceptionally pleasant week! Here are just a couple of things I decided to shake up in my cocktail of bliss before returning to the monotony of university life...

Good food and good company... Two very important yet simple joys in life. So off to Newtown I went, with Mr Biffle, to have a very lovely lunch at the one and only Luxe cafe & bakery. Their pea fritter is to die for. Trust me, I have ordered it every single time without fail!

As much as I enjoy strolling through the city, sometimes a lazy day at home can be just as enjoyable. On a cold winter's day, how can one say no to snuggling up in bed with some good old chick flicks? Confessions of a Shopaholic. How appropriate for such an occasion! 'If a man doesn't fit, you can't exchange him seven days later for a gorgeous cashmere sweater...'

Don't fret, dearest reader... I made sure that I switched off those chick flicks before my IQ was completely diminished. Later that night I had the great joy of being reunited with ten highly independently minded young women - my fellow high school prefects. A metre long pizza followed by a churros fiesta was definitely worthy of such an event!

This week also came with the very much anticipated return of a loved one bearing a rather special gift. For those of you who don't know, I am in fact Vietnamese. I do believe that it is truly important to value and take pride in your heritage. This silk hand embroidered clutch was a beautiful souvenir from Vietnam - a little reminder of the vibrant and tropical country my parents grew up in.

Oh and of course I had to visit all of my favourite places one last time before diving into the workload of semester two. Tasting nougat under chandeliers at Bon Bon? Yes, please!

Now can I just say... Mellow burgundy and navy blue tones may be very winter appropriate but rules are meant to be broken. Adding a splash of yellow and emerald green here and there on a winter's day, certainly lifts my spirits!

Though I do enjoy shopping with friends and family, most of the time I prefer to stroll past the gleaming windows and poised mannequins alone. Call me antisocial, but I find it quite therapeutical to absorb the decadent elements of the my city when solo... (sometimes with the company of a dark mocha frappuccino from Starbucks?)

Though the thought of early mornings rushing out the door and late nights cramming, may seem somewhat bitter... Try to think of this as a fresh start filled with plenty of opportunities to better ourselves and work towards higher goals. I will certainly continue to post regularly and I do hope that this blog brings a little joy to your day! Thank you so much for the wonderful support and kind words since I started Coffee with Julie T. It means more than I can say to know that my humble collection of musings have been so appreciated. As another semester dawns, I'd just like to wish you the very best! 

Love,
Julie T.





No comments:

Post a Comment