Monday 12 August 2013

Dearest Reader...

Throughout the past week, I found myself in caught in an unshakable sense of limbo. What do I mean? Please allow me to explain... It is that period of time where the carefree idleness of the holidays still lingers about in your head. Meanwhile, you feel your heart pounding in the background because deep down you know that there are still lectures to attend and assignments to complete (it's also pounding because you're about to miss your train!) And so, I made the very sensible decision to embrace the calm before the storm... I kid. I am a serial procrastinator.

Now how does one remove the guilt of procrastination? Ensure that whatever irrelevant activity you've chosen has something to do with exercising. Intensely study each and every bone and muscle in the human head or take an invigorating afternoon run beneath the golden sky? I'll take the second option, please.

If neither appeal to you, have coffee with Julie T. However, when your dearest confidant returns from a month of adventures through Europe, coffee alone does not suffice... Whisk him off to your favourite little cafe for a celebratory breakfast! The most delicious fig toast you'll ever taste infused with tales of Paris, London and Rome? I couldn't be happier.

Now, I find that in the midst of a stressful week (or one spent frolicking about in nonchalance...) one of the best way to unwind and escape from reality is to lose yourself amongst ornate gowns and decant creations in the glossy pages of Harper's Bazaar. By the way, Scarlett Johansson... You are beautiful.

I am also proud to announce that I published my first Julie loves... post featuring my favourite products of July. See, I wasn't that unproductive... I really did enjoy sharing my thoughts on such lovely items and I do hope you enjoyed reading! 

Speaking of makeup, I find that you can achieve such classic elegance with just a flick of eyeliner. I rarely line my eyes, but it is quite a joy to sport a cat eye look every once in a while. Add some ruby red lips, a little black dress then layer on a long gold necklace or two and you're ready for that cocktail evening. Here's a little trick, prime your lips with a layer of lipstain (or even better lipliner) before applying and then blotting your lipstick. You'll avoid completely defacing that sparkling flute of champagne with your dramatic lips!

I do confess, I did find myself strolling through The Strand Arcade yet again. I was simply on my way to my Aunty's birthday lunch at La Rosa on the third floor. I must say, the food was divine as always. At this darkened but beautiful restaurant, there is something so exciting and magical about having a candlelit meal in the middle of the day! Caught in the moment, I told the nagging kilojoule counting voice in my head to be quiet, and ordered the most unadorned yet tempting item on the dessert menu... Tiramisu. Let me tell you, I had no regrets.

And as a week of pleasant affairs and delicious delights came to an end, Mother Nature decided to remove her dirty laundry from the skies and bless Sydney with some sunshine. A classic polka dot dress from Ben Sherman seemed fitting for such a jovial occasion! 

I do apologise for the slight delay of this post, though I will have two more coming out by Sunday! I hope that this coming week brings with it a little more productivity and that you won't have to resort to chaining yourself to your desk as I may have to at this rate... 

Love,
Julie T. 

No comments:

Post a Comment