Monday 5 August 2013

Julie Loves - July Edition.

Promises of vanishing lotions and hydrating potions, can fool even the best of us. When it comes to making purchases in the beauty department, it never hurts to read a review or two... Nobody wants to spend $20 on a enticing concealer that only leaves you feeling heartbroken and tarnished with further inflamed blemishes. 

So, my dearest reader, I've decided to present to you my monthly beauty favourites on the first Monday of each month. I hope this saves you the pain of disappointing purchases and introduces you to beautiful things you'll fall in love with too!


Throughout this past July, I have been adoring...

Revlon's Colour Burst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum
I know that every beauty blogger and her dog has raved on about this product but I must say... The rumours are true. I find that this particular colour adds such a lovely, yet exceptionally natural, flush of pink to the lips. Though it may not last as long as the Revlon Kissable Lip Balm Stain, it's staying power really did surprise me... Think of it as pleasantly hydrating lip balm with a sheer yet sufficient tint of colour. Oh and it also contains mango, shea and coconut butter. Yes!

Covergirl's Clump Crusher Mascara
The Covergirl Lash Blast mascaras are brilliant. But... This is definitely their best mascara yet. The dense and stiff plastic teeth (think teeth of a teeny tiny hair comb instead of your traditional mascara bristles) really do 'crush' those horrid mascara clumps. And for those of you who are serial mascara abusers (Yes, I see you on public transport applying ten times more mascara than you need) this is a must have. I am addicted to it's lash separating and volumising powers and trust me... you won't go back once you've started using it!

Real Techniques Multi-task Brush
Step aside Sigma brushes, Samantha Chapman coming through! Apart from being a long time follower of the lovely Youtuber, I absolutely adore her brushes. By now everybody knows how brilliant they are but I find that the Multi-task Brush rarely gets much time in the spotlight compared to some of its other siblings e.g. Miss Popular Expert Face Brush. It is the perfect size for contouring, especially beneath the cheekbones (though I must say it is just as wonderful for any of your other bronzing/blushing desires). The dense bristles pickup just enough product and also manage to blend quite wonderfully! Tell me, what more could you want? What's that? The perfect bronzer? Read on...

Rimmel's Natural Bronzer in Sun Bronze (022)
In the middle of winter, when you combine my olive skin tone with my exceptionally terrible sleeping patterns... You get a rather pale and sickly looking Julie. On a day to day basis, I rarely ever use blush though, just because I find that it is too garish on my skin. However, I love how just a touch of bronzer brings so much warmth to the face, whilst adding dimension and defining your features too. As a devout bronzer advocate, I swear by Rimmel's Natural Bronzer. Who could say no to a natural looking sunny glow! This is actually the second one I've purchased and I've already hit pan.

Aveeno's Positively Radiant Daily Moisturiser
Back when Julie T. was an acne baring teenager who's benzoyl peroxide prescriptions left her skin 'treated' but quite dry and rather lifeless, her dermatologist handed her a few samples of this moisturiser.  Thus began a long and hydrating relationship filled with comfort, relief and of course, UV protection... This Aveeno moisturiser has stood by me for quite some time now and always makes me feel just that little bit more radiant especially on those cold winter mornings.

 Nivea's Lip Butter in Caramel Cream
Before we even go into how hydrating this lip butter is, can we just pause for a moment and appreciate Nivea's ingenious development of such unique and heartwarming flavours? The Caramel Cream one has such a heartwarming smell and reminds me of Golden Popcorn too... I think I'm just a little obsessed with all things caramel these days... Either way, it is so pleasantly moisturising and doesn't leave your lips with that greasy stickiness (a problem I often encounter with the more hydrating lip balms and butters). This has definitely been my favourite winter lip balm!

No comments:

Post a Comment