Sunday 18 August 2013

Dearest Reader...

With the whimsical tunes of Miss Lorde on repeat and flowing into my ears, I can't help these head bobbing, foot tapping sensations as I write to you this week. The Love Club takes me back to the idle passions and infatuations of high school - a time when all things petty were paramount and all things paramount were pretty boring. Nothing superficial though... It's all about your perspective. On that note, I've seemed to take a little more time than usual to appreciate the pretty little things around me this week...

Mrs Dalloway said she would buy the flowers herself. Ah, high school English... Actually one of my favourite classes! I simply can't help but slow down a little when I'm strolling past a florist. But why slow down when you can stop and have a little wander into the floral heaven? 

They say big things come in small packages. Too true. This little Reese's Peanut Butter Cupcake was indeed big in delighful sweetness and peanut buttery goodness. Besides, such an adorable and modestly sized cupcake shouldn't be treated with guilt! And so, when my dear friend stepped into the locker room with a stack of white cake boxes filled with the little baked treasures, you can imagine the waves of joy that spread round. Thank you R.!

You know what else is really pretty? A glass teacup of Little Red Riding Hood's tea! Well, at least I imagine that's what she'd be sipping on at tea parties with Granny. Don't quite understand what all this fuss is about? Do allow me to explain here...

I do believe that it was towards the end of high school when I first experimented the most ravishing of cosmetic items... The Red Lipstick. This was followed by the exhilarating purchase of fervent red formal gowns and heels. Call it my signature lip colour, call it phase of redundancy... But no one can deny the fierce intensity of this colour. How could I not be addicted?

They say females are drawn to such colours, reds and pinks, due to how our minds have been programmed from the times of gender specific divisions in labour - when men were hunters and women were gathers. Those instincts to spot berries and ripe fruits may still be lingering about. Is that why there's always a punnet of strawberries or a box of frozen berries my shopping basket? Either way they make a brilliant energy boosting smoothie! 

Speaking of food... What's a beautiful meal to you? A thick steak with a side of hot chips? A huge plate of pasta and cheese? For me it's a hearty bowl of Mum's homemade vegetarian phở - garnished with freshly picked Vietnamese basil from the herb garden in my backyard of course. Talk about eating breakfast like a king!

I hope you've enjoyed our little heart-to-heart about the week that was. I do look forward to writing to you again soon!

Love, 
Julie T.

P.S. If you're looking for my Instagram, it's just a click away - linked to the pictures! 


No comments:

Post a Comment