Thursday 15 August 2013

Little Red Riding Hood's Tea.

Once upon a time, an exhausted schoolgirl ventured into her usual tea store. As the shadows of exams drew closer and the nights became longer, fatigue weighed down her weary head. And so she asked for something different... Something refreshing yet heartwarming at the same time. She was offered a strange yet fascinating tin of tiny red needle like leaves. She lifted it to her nose and inhaled. The mellow earthy aromas pirouetted through her thoughts of golden sunsets in enchanted forests from far away lands. From the rugged slopes of the Cedarberg Mountains in South Africa to her dainty glass teacup... A year later, she sips the coppery red infusion of rooibos tea and continues to write this very blogpost...


Rooibos tea tends to remind me of Little Red Riding Hood. Often referred to as 'red tea', I suppose it's the colour of the charming beverage, not to mention the sweet earthy notes that are so reminiscent of the forests Miss Riding Hood frequented.

I really do adore this tea and I can't help but love it even more knowing the high levels of antioxidants that it contains. As a vegetarian, I'm very conscious that my diet includes plenty of vitamins and more importantly, those essential minerals. To my great surprise and delight, I discovered that this caffeine free tea also contains iron, calcium, potassium and magnesium.



I always get my rooibos from T2, and what's brilliant about this whimsical psychedelic tea store is that they are always very generous when it comes to samples! So if you're a bit nervous about purchasing this magical tea, just go in store and ask a friendly shop assistant for a sample to take home. Once you you've tried it, return to the store immediately and purchase. I just know you'll love it!


While your there, perhaps pick up a little sample of the Red Green Vanilla? 'Fresh and light green rooibos blended with velvety vanilla'. Think a couture ruby red Valentino silk cloak and a monogrammed Louis Vuitton wicker basket filled with the most decadent Ladurée macarons. I shall not say more, and I'll let you try it for yourself!


Tea party anyone?

Love,
Julie T.

No comments:

Post a Comment