Thursday 22 August 2013

Maybelline's Finest.

Sometimes, cosmetic houses release life changing products and sometimes, they release products that are quite simply disappointing. In a perfect world, each and every product released would be amazing but it's okay... It's all about understanding such products before you allow your money to come flying out of your wallet! And since Priceline (the Australian Ulta, CVS, Boots etc.) has decided to create a bargin shopping frenzy by throwing a 50% Maybelline sale, I've decided to have a little chat with you about my most loved Maybelline products.

Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Shadow
Bad to the Bronze

First of all... Congratulations, Maybelline. You've created the perfect eyeshadow that's been coveted by every makeup artist, guru and blogger (yes, including myself). It's all too easy to apply this luxuriously pigmented cream eyeshadow and it definitely lives up to its long lasting claims. I like to wear it as a base colour all over the lid before applying any other shadows, however it looks just as fabulous on it's own for a pleasantly understated yet elegant look.

Eye Studio Color Pearls
Bronze Blowout

You know those adorable ankle boots you instinctively reach for when you're leaving the house in a rush? Or that oh so chic tote that just conveniently fits all your necessities? (As well as many 'non-necessities' that might just come in handy later!) This is one of those eyeshadows that I always gravitate towards when I'm in a hurry to get ready for a dinner party or when I just need an instant injection of glamour. The luminous duo comes with an exceptionally versatile chocolatey bronze shadow as well as highly iridescent golden shadow, warmed with marbled shades of peach and ochre. Yes, its quite glamourous isn't it! (Note: I'm always pairing it with the Bad to the Bronze Color Tattoo... Truly a match made in heaven.)

SuperStay 14HR Lipstick
Ravishing Rouge (left)
Enduring Ruby (right)

Ravishing Rouge is indeed... ravishing. Though modest in its shell, this is the most devastatingly velvety red lipstick I've ever come across. When I think of this red lippy, floorsweeping gowns and twinkling lights come to mind. Sound of the evening tide brushing against the harbour and excited giggling and chatter follow suit. Yes, this was the lipstick I wore to my Year 12 Formal. I needed a lipstick that could translate the drama of my red Donna Karan-esque satin gown to my makeup - this was the one. It is definitely long lasting and its slightly matte finish is just perfect for a more classy look. Not to mention, international queen of all makeup artists, Lisa Eldridge adores it (which is why I rushed out to get it in the first place!)
Now, Enduring Ruby is what I like to think of as Ravishing Rouge's big sister. Whilst Miss Rouge twirls about in floor sweeping gowns with princes, sending sweet smiles and breaking hearts... Miss Ruby stands poised at podiums, presenting moving speeches and accepting prestigious awards, her dazzling smile illuminated by flashing cameras. Need I say more? 

Do excuse my transition into such opulent musings... This anatomy lecture is sending me to a world so far away. What was that? Blogging during class? Yes, I'm terrible like that. Anyways, I do hope you find these treasures at your local Priceline before the sale ends on Sunday because everything is disappearing off shelves so quickly! 

Love,
Julie T.







1 comment:

  1. Julie, I love reading your blog after work.. I miss you so incredibly much xoxo. Natalie

    ReplyDelete