Sunday 25 August 2013

Dearest Reader...

What makes us happy? Friends and family? Food and fun? Though each of these F words sound quite delightful, I suppose it takes a combination of all of the above (as well as other little trinkets) to make our lives worth living. Such words belonging to this sixth letter of the alphabet seemed to be the theme of the week that was...

Here's a family fun fact for you... I have a younger brother. Which, of course, makes me a big sister. Now, us 'big sisters' tend to get a pretty bad rep. I suppose it's in our nature to be leaders, carers and advisors - quite often mistaken for dictators, tyrants and bullies. I'll have you know that I can be nice... Especially when it comes to making delightful study snacks. See!

Another fun fact... I love sushi (and dumplings). Take me to a good sushi train with decent vegetarian options and I will probably marry you. Not quite. (But maybe...) Either way, I'm sure many of you would agree with me when I say that one of the most lovely lunch dates are those spent chatting away with your dearest friends... Especially whilst colourful plates of delicious nori encased delights waltz by. 

You know what is quite saddening though? Relinquishing hard earned money for products that turn around and break your heart. Painful isn't it? So when I'm casually swatching one too many lip colours in the Maybelline section, and the girl besides me picks up a liquid liner that I know (from experience) will end up all over her eyelids, I never hesitate to tap her on the shoulder and let her know. Call me crazy, but I wouldn't wish such cosmetic catastrophes upon anyone else. Which is also why I like to post reviews on things that make me happy e.g. my most recent post on Maybelline's finest

Now going back to the the second F word that I mentioned at the start of this post... My grandmother is definitely one of the most inspiration women I've ever met. A widower who raised four kids on her own and helped them set up new lives in a better country (and that's just a fraction of her achievements!) Though I'm sure she knows how much I love her, I think it's nice to put in a little more effort from time to time. Supporting a cause close to her heart, whilst gifting her with a bouquet of daffodils on Daffodil Day seemed like a good idea! 

And food. A source of life itself and an undeniably marvellous pastime. On the weekends, I love taking my time to make something special for breakfast. There's something so comforting about porridge; especially when it's made with almond milk. To celebrate my favourite part of the week (the weekends!) I decided to make some protein porridge and dressed with some berries that been stewed with vanilla essence and a humble amount of golden syrup. Don't forget to toss some almonds in the mix! Yes, I'll be sure to post a recipe soon.

Then comes Sunday, meaning my post-sleepin berry smoothie for breakfast! Really, this doesn't need much more of a description besides: fantabulous-ness in a cup. 

Finally, what better way to end the week than with a family lunch at a great Thai place i.e. Thai Pothong in Newtown. Roasted vegetarian 'duck' salad... Spicy? Yes. But heavenly? Definitely. Waiter! A lychee cocktail and a glass of water, please? I'm going to need it...

In the form of a text, I received a complaint shortly after posting my last Dearest Reader post. My dear friend was suffering sever hunger pains after reading my post. I do apologise in advanced for any grumbling stomachs I may have triggered!  

Love, 
Julie T.

No comments:

Post a Comment